- Twelve attendees. Three joined us for the first time
- Committee co-chair Jan led us in an interactive exercise using FEMA’s Earthquake Home Hazard Hunt large-format poster. This is a great tool for outreach because it provides many quick, inexpensive steps that anyone can take to secure their property and improve their safety. We have laminated home and school versions available for loan upon request; they’re too large to print at home. (Thanks to the Sunnyside Neighborhood Association for funding printing of the posters.)
- Our Southeast Uplift Community Small Grant proposal did not make the cut. But that’s OK! Proposals for $83K were made for a pool of $23K, and the grants that were selected are excellent.
- Active NETs were invited by Holly to participate in Sunnyside Environmental School’s first parent-child reunification drill. (Not open to public participation for obvious security reasons.)
- Tip of the month, from Holly: Establish a way to leave notes for your family and neighbors at your home after an emergency, in case you need to leave. Consider a small whiteboard, paper and pen in a plastic baggie — something waterproof that you can stash in an established outdoor location and update for each other when other communication methods are unavailable.
- Next meeting: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7-8:30pm
Southeast Uplift, Fireside Room
3534 SE Main St
RSVP appreciated, but not required