- Nine attendees, three attended for the first time.
- Sunnyside Neighborhood Association update
- At its regular meeting Apr 14 the board happily approved $450 of our $1,209 budget request for the period of May-Nov 2016. The balance will be addressed at a future meeting once board members have had more time to examine our proposals.
- SNA board elections: May 12 7:30-9pm
- Stephanie and Holly debriefed us about Sunnyside Environmental School’s first parent-child reunification drill on Apr 29. Details are not being posted publicly here, for obvious security reasons. Suffice to say that it went well and much was learned. We look forward to continued – and expanded – collaboration with SES PTSA.
- We continued our Map Your Neighborhood discussion by conducting an interview exercise to practice talking with our neighbors. A one-page form for this process will be posted to our website.
(Jan is investigating potential opportunities to integrate Map Your Neighborhood with the SNA newsletter distribution team and ONI/Crime Prevention.)
- Welcome to our newly trained NETs, Jan and Ingrid!
- Volunteer opportunities
- Jun 21, 6-9:30pm at our special event, 7.9M Nepal Earthquake: The Firsthand Experience of Dr. Erin Moore
- Aug 21, 11a-7p, Sunday Parkways Southeast, in conjunction with PBEM
- Aug 28, 11a-7p, Hawthorne Street Fair.
- Sep 10, 11a-7p, Belmont Street Fair. The SNA board generously gives us their booth, so it’s important that we staff the table sufficiently. It’s a great opportunity to meet the public – who are always appreciative of our work.
- Next meeting: Tue, May 17 2016 10-11:30am
Special exercise: We will meet at Sunnyside Environmental School, which is Sunnyside NET’s primary staging area, to perfrom a walk-around and assess assets and liabilities. Real-world stuff. We hope you’ll join us. Afterward we will debrief at Jeff Morris Fire Museum, SE Belmont & 35th.