A committee of the Sunnyside Neighborhood Association
[latest budget report and request]
Our Guiding Statement
Sunnyside Prepared helps residents educate each other about preparing their families and neighbors to care for themselves after a disaster, ranging from power outages to a major earthquake. To that end, the committee collaborates closely with the Sunnyside NET (Neighborhood Emergency Team), whose members have been trained and vetted by PBEM (Portland Bureau of Emergency Management).
Our collective goal is to help each other help ourselves, because history has proven repeatedly that in a crisis our neighbors are our most important “first responders.” All Sunnyside residents are welcome to participate in whatever capacity they are able and willing.
- Join our email list.
- Come to one of our meetings!
- If you have a Fred Meyer Rewards card, please link your account to Sunnyside NET. They give us money, and it costs you nothing. Win/win. Hit this link, scroll down to Community Rewards, and search for organization # 88309 (our account via Friends of Portland Fire & Rescue).
- Volunteer! We need help with:
- Fund raising
- Social media
- HAM radio operation
- Business outreach
Glenn C. Devitt, 503.345.4321, email@example.com
Jan S. Molinaro, also a Sunnyside NET Assistant Team Leader.
Glenn C. Devitt, also the Sunnyside NET Team Leader, co-founder of Friends of Portland NET, and board member of Friends of Portland Fire & Rescue.
Map of the Sunnyside Neighborhood created by Anthea Fallen-Bailey, Dec 2013
- Family Emergency Supplies Calendar – An easy, affordable way to gradually build your family’s kit over 24 weeks. (two-sided tri-fold; contact us for copies to distribute to a group)
- Tigard CERT Map Your Neighborhood video series
- Map Your Neighborhood – Skills and Equipment Inventory: PDF or editable ODT
- Info and map of BEECN (Basic Earthquake Emergency Communication Nodes)
- Active NET teams in Portland, with Team Leader contact info
- The Twin-Bucket Emergency Toilet system
- FEMA “Hazard Hunt” posters for Homes and Schools (too large to print at home–contact us if you’d like to borrow a laminated copy)
- DoveLewis Animal Preparedness Guidelines
- Public Safety and Livability Resources – City contact info [large print version]